Part-Time Job (20-25 hours per week)
The Campus Custodian is passionately responsible for keeping and maintaining Valleybrook building spaces presentable, clean, and orderly, so Valleybrook can be a welcoming and safe place for people to gather, ministry can flourish, and God is glorified. This individual must be trustworthy, self-motivated, hard-working, a team player, and has an attention for detail.
- Thoroughly clean and maintain all main and secondary areas of the Valleybrook Campus (Theater/Lobby, The 410, The Lodge/Garage, Offices, Living Room/Great Room, and Loft/Upper Room) weekly or as often as needed between cleanings.
- Duties include, but are not limited to, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, dusting, wiping down areas, washing windows, cleaning toilets, removing trash/recycling, etc.
- Maintain order in all spaces by setting up tables and chairs as needed.
- Ensuring spaces are clean and safe.
- Report any needed maintenance repairs immediately.
- A heart for the local church, a growing relationship with Jesus Christ and a passion to help others find and follow Jesus.
- Able to work independently, be self-directed, and is self-motivated.
- The schedule can be flexible for the individual; however, duties must be completed in a timely fashion for building usage.
- Able to lift and carry medium-weight loads such as cleaning and paper supplies, trash, backpack vacuum cleaner, use ladders, change lightbulbs, etc.
- Able to use cleaning supplies that may contain some chemicals (all supplies are covered by MSDS qualifications).
- Some experience in commercial cleaning is desired, but not required.
- Takes appropriate action when something needs to be done.
- Attention to detail is a must!
- Is okay with dirty jobs.
- Relates well to all kinds of people, builds effective relationships.
- Committed to improvement, seeks constructive criticism, understands strengths and weaknesses.
- Commit to pursue full devotion to Jesus Christ.
- Personally align with Valleybrook’s overall mission of helping “to know & share the life-changing love of God.”
- Regularly attend weekend worship gatherings, regularly contribute financially to Valleybrook.
- Good work ethic.
- Practice moral and financial integrity in the discharge of ministry.
- Consistently pursue community intergenerationally.
- Report weekly to supervisor.
- On-the-job training is available.
- Agree with staff code of conduct and employee handbook.
- Background check is required.
Part-time position: 20-25 hours per week
- Reports to the Lead Pastor.
- Attends staff meetings once a month, or when needed.
- Works with Special Custodian & Buildings Team.
- Accountable to the Elders.
Send resumes or questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.